Senior operational and engineering personnel involved in drilling / workover operations; OIMs, Drilling Superintendents, Drilling Engineers, Drilling Supervisors, Toolpushers, Drillers and Assistant Drillers who require IADC Well Control accreditation.
For current course dates to view our course schedule, or you can go straight to BOOKINGS to book a course.
The WellSharp Drilling Well Control course provides the knowledge and practical skills necessary to apply safe well control practices in surface and subsea installations. Participants complete the International Association of Drilling Controllers (IADC) WellSharp Drilling Well Control exam. Welltrain provides two highly experienced and accredited instructors and utilises an effective blend of classroom theory, individual exercises, group discussion and drilling simulator practice.
Participants may choose to sit the IADC assessment examination for either Surface OR Combined Surface/Subsea BOP accreditation. The Surface BOP certification is for surface mounted BOPs only. The combined BOP certificate course both surface and subsea mounted BOPs. The IADC certificate is endorsed with the achieved assessment.
- Well control management
- Understanding fluids and pressure
- Primary well control
- Dynamic wellbore pressures
- Blowout prevention (BOP) and well control equipment
- Gas migration
- Subsea control systems
- Kick warning signs
- Diverting shallow gas kicks
- Shut-in procedures
- Well control methods
- Deviated (Horizontal) well control
- Handling on-bottom kicks
- Handling off-bottom kicks
- Stripping operations
- Handling kicks while out of the hole
- Handling kicks in special situations
- Downhole and equipment problems during well control
- Simulator exercises and assessment
- Tea/coffee and snacks each day.
AU$ 2,850 (incl. GST), 5 day full course