Personnel involved in planning, operating or supervising well intervention (well servicing) activities in completion, coil tubing, wireline or snubbing (hydraulic work-over).
For current course dates to view our course schedule, or you can go straight to BOOKINGS to book a course.
The Well Intervention Pressure Control course provides an understanding of pressure control methods related to well servicing methods and equipment.
Participants complete the International Well Control Forum (IWCF) Well Intervention Pressure Control exam. This international accreditation is globally recognised as industry best practice.
Welltrain provides two highly experienced and accredited instructors and utilises an effective blend of classroom theory, individual exercises, group discussion and simulator practice.
Participants may choose to sit the IWCF assessment examination as either Level 3 (Operator) or Level 4 (Supervisor) in one, two or three equipment categories (wireline, snubbing and/or coil tubing). The IWCF certificate is endorsed with the achieved assessment.
- Overview of well completion methods
- Reasons for well intervention
- Methods of well servicing (wireline/coil tubing/snubbing)
- Understanding fluids and pressure
- Production well kill methods
- Bull heading, reverse circulation, lubricate and bleed, work string deployed
- Pressure control equipment and operating procedures
- Well Service Operations (rig-up, pressure testing)
- Barrier theory for well servicing (types and classification)
- Wellhead equipment
- Failures and effects (wireline/coil tubing/snubbing)
- Reverse circulation well kill simulation and testing
- Hydrates (formation, prevention, removal)
- Tea/coffee and snacks each day.
AU$ 2,850 (incl. GST), 5 day full course